As you would be aware, it is important to be prepared for the coronavirus (COVID-19). In order to prepare if your organisation for a possible lockdown, you need to consider the folllowing:
- Move to a fully cloud-based environment and implementing online services to be able to work from outside the normal workplace. Our example is the use of Microsoft 365 or Office 365, which includes the ability for hosted email, as well as attachments saved in online storage and collaboration of work using products such as OneDrive and SharePoint. In addition, we would suggest the use of Microsoft Teams for video, chat and document sharing as well as third-party integration with other services. Microsoft is offering six months free usage of Teams which is available exclusively through Microsoft Partners such as CyberGuru.
- If your systems are not fully cloud-based, you may need to look at alternative programs to be able to access these. In doing so, you may wish to look at TeamViewer or Splashtop Desktop in order to be able to login to your usual computer from another device such as your home computer or tablet. This requires you have a program installed on the chosen device you wish to connect on to as too. Also, check you can access any necessary systems as soon as possible to minimise any disruptions when this occurs.
- Conduct an audit prior to staff working from home to ensure they have the means to do so. This means ensuring staff have a stable internet connection, internet security protection (including enabling multi-factor authentication in online applications and using a secure virtual provide network) and hardware and software if required for online meetings. We would also suggest checking to make sure the operating system and various applications are updated, to reduce the likelihood of any issues.
- Be vigilant of fake text or email messages or other phishing scams relating to COVID-19. COVOID-19 scams are already beginning to circulate, and others will follow suit in the coming weeks. Be careful what you open, click or type, whether on email, text message or on social media. If you are uncertain whether the source or the information is correct, then we suggest that you contact the organisation that sent the message by telephone to confirm its legitimacy.
- Remain in contact with your customers through your website, social media or email messaging. Here at CyberGuru, we currently continue to operate as usual with some minor operational changes to accommodate COVID-19 recommendations. As such, we have provided a formal response to our clients in relation to this and will update this as the situation changes. As mentioned, we will happily continue to support our clients and we will continue to support them as best we can.
CyberGuru can provide our ICT consulting, support and training solutions to our clients and prospective clients by phone and remotely to discuss and review, implement and support and train on many ICT needs and requirements including Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
If you are in need of additional equipment, our suppliers have advised that at the time of writing, various hardware and software is also available which can be delivered directly to your home or office. Once delivered, arrangements to install and configure this can also be undertaken.
Please contact us if we can assist in any way, we are only a phone call or email away.