Over the past few weeks, we have seen a number of outages affecting various internet service and cloud-based providers across the world. These have resulted in downtime, loss of productivity and frustration from the inability to conduct normal business activities.
Our reliance on available, secure and reliable services has certainly come to head during COVID-19. Whilst unfortunately no service can be guaranteed to be available all of the time, most service providers aim to ensure that availability remains at a high level. When issues occur, we suggest you first review the website of your service provider and cloud-based product which will contain details of the service status before contacting CyberGuru.
For convenience, you may wish to add this page to your bookmarks or favourite websites (all links open in a new window).
Internet service providers:
- Telstra: https://outages.telstra.com
- Optus: https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status
- iiNet: https://www.iinet.net.au/status
- TPG: https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus
- nbn: https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status
- Microsoft 365: https://status.office.com
- Google G Suite: https://www.google.com/appsstatus
- MYOB: https://status.myob.com
- Xero: https://status.xero.com
- Apple: https://www.apple.com/au/support/systemstatus
If you know of any others you that suggest we add to this list, please let us know. You can also follow your providers’ social media feeds, often using Facebook or Twitter which are used announce outages.
Unfortunately, during an outage there is little most of can do except to record the date and time of the commencement, determine the severity (impact of which services and number of users affected), and to try to identify possible workarounds until service is restored. You may find an estimate time of restoration, and once restored, generally a report is made available.
If we can be of any assistance, please contact us.